Strengthening the Board Chair/CEO Partnership: Key to Effective Governance
Building a strong and productive relationship between board chairs and chief executives is crucial for board effectiveness and health center well-being.
Strengthening the Board Chair/CEO Partnership: Key to Effective Governance is a one-day training for the Board Chair/CEO team to identify steps they can take to strengthen their leadership roles, their board’s effectiveness, and ultimately their organization’s ability to achieve its mission.
Why this training would benefit you and your staff?
After this one-day training, you will be able to:
1. Explain the different but mutually interdependent roles of the Board Chair and the CEO, as well as shared responsibilities and leadership.
2. Identify ways to become a more effective leadership team, such as clarifying communication expectations and acknowledging the potential for conflicts.
3. Make a commitment to work together to strengthen the board’s performance, such as recruiting new board members or using committees and task forces to do the work of the board.
Who should attend this training?
Both the health center CEO and Board Chair are required to attend this training together.
Berit M. Lakey, PhD, Lakey Consulting, Silver Spring, MD
• Regular and On-Site Registration Fee: $250 per pair (lunch included).
View the schedule of upcoming Strengthening the Board Chair- CEO Partnership training
September 8, 2012
NACHC Cancellation Policy
· Cancellations received seven calendar days on/before the seminar date will be assessed a $100 processing fee.
· Cancellations received after the seven-day period are nonrefundable and non-transferable.
· "No-shows" are non-refundable