Because millions of people receive or provide care through health centers, the community of potential advocates is huge – and growing larger all the time.
But life’s other demands can easily get in the way of taking an active role on behalf of health centers. That would be a mistake.
Get involved. Here's how:
- Volunteer at a health center, to learn the issues first hand and make a direct difference.
- Work with a health center to engage public policymakers in supporting legislation that benefits health centers and their patients.
- Link health centers with primary care associations and educational institutions, to ensure adequate training for health center staff and future health care workers.
- Dedicate the resources of your group or philanthropic effort to the support of health centers.
- Reduce the demand for health care services by promoting health education, better diets, exercise and public recreation programs.